Sunday, December 19, 2010

Panthers 19, Cardinals 12

Another loss for the Cardinals, this time to the 1-12 Carolina Panthers, yes, they had won just 1 game this year.  I guess it's for the best though, the playoffs are out of the question (well not mathematically in the anemic NFC West, just realistically) and they are better off with a higher draft pick.  Weird how they can kick the Broncos all over the field last week then struggle against the hapless Panthers this week.  Other observations?  1) I liked some of the things I saw out of John Skelton at QB but nothing really made me think he is the clear future at QB either.  He seemed to struggle some when needing to get the ball down field, arm strength didn't seem to be the issue, just finding the open receiver and hitting him (I'm guessing experience and work with his receivers can solve some of that).  Still, I don't think he's ready just yet, finding a stop gap QB (Donovan McNabb?) may be required whether Skelton is their future QB or whether they draft someone this spring.   2) Some of the young defensive players are becoming more and more noticeable, Dan Williams & Darryl Washington specifically, I think they will just get better and better as time goes on.  3) Was Early Doucet hurt again?  Yikes, they need him healthy.  4) Next week, the Cowboys at home, the Cowboys have played much better since Jason Garrett took over, I'd put my money on them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment