Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Possible Jon Stewart Replacements?

Like most people, I hated to hear that Jon Stewart is stepping down as host of "The Daily Show", but I guess that all good things must come to an end.  The question now becomes, who replaces Jon Stewart?  Don't get me wrong here, this is a great gig, it is a big time commitment though, I'm guessing some of the bigger names on this list may not want to make that sort of commitment, I'm going to list them anyways.  I'm confident they will find a strong replacement.

Here are my Top 20 possible candidates to replace Jon Stewart:
  1. Amy Poehler - probably the perfect choice if she wants it. 
  2. Chris Rock - smart, edgy, politically savvy, he'd be perfect
  3. John Oliver - how long is that HBO contract?  
  4. Tina Fey - like Amy Poehler, she'd be a great pick.  
  5. Brian Williams - not as outlandish as it seems, he's very funny
  6. Sarah Silverman - wickedly funny, politically astute, edgy, I'd love it!  
  7. Patton Oswalt - there's a reason I suggest him for every opening.   
  8. Jason Jones - he's great as a correspondent.  
  9. Lewis Black - his Daily Show rants are legendary.  
  10. Joel McHale - he's great on "The Soup" and very funny.  
  11. Craig Ferguson - he needs a job, funny as hell. 
  12. W. Kamau Bell - he was great on "Totally Biased"
  13. Jessica Williams - she makes me laugh every time she's on. 
  14. Aisha Tyler - sharp, politically active and very funny
  15. Samantha Bee - alone or teamed with Jason Jones she has to be considered.
  16. Chris Hardwick - what can't this guy do
  17. Aasif Mandvi - he's been terrific as a correspondent
  18. Aziz Ansari - this would be a perfect fit for his comedic talents. 
  19. Amy Shumur - razor sharp, witty, funny, piping hot at the moment. 
  20. Dennis Miller - I don't agree with his politics, but he is funny
On a side note, don't get too caught up in the new host either, as long as they keep their writers together this show will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment